Jorge I. Blanco is a Certified Financial Planner™ in Tampa, FL
Please note, I am only accepting a small number of clients at this time.
Jorge I. Blanco is the Founder and President of Success Wealth Management, a boutique Wealth Management and Financial Planning services office in Tampa, FL.
With over two decades of experience, Jorge began his career in the financial services industry in March 2002 at a competitive financial planning company. During the first nine years of his career, Jorge worked with a client base of 398 families, and mentored new advisors in the industry.
Although his time working with hundreds of advisors helped Jorge become a knowledgeable and experienced wealth management advisor, he realized that his true passion was working closely with his clients. He stepped down from his leadership role to focus all of his time on financial planning.
In December 2010, Jorge founded Success Wealth Management and became a member of LPL Financial, the largest independent broker/dealer in the country (as reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2022, based on total revenue). Over the next seven years, Jorge provided financial services with a boutique-like approach, building it entirely through referrals and treating his clients like family. Since 2017, Jorge has been a member of the Dave Ramsey SmartVestor Pro program, and his vision for Success Wealth Management is to be the most sought-after financial planning firm in the Tampa Bay area.
The SmartVestor program is a directory of investment professionals. Neither Dave Ramsey nor SmartVestor are affiliates of Success Wealth Management or LPL Financial.
A personal note — from Jorge:
I’m a proud nerd who, in my youth, was a competitive chess player. At 16, I became Venezuela’s National Chess Champion. In 1993, I competed in the World Youth Chess Championship in Bratislava, Slovakia where I earned 5.5 points out of 11 and ranked 36th in the world. Both of my parents earned doctorate degrees, so the value of education was instilled in me from an early age to the point that I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Financial Planning.
I am blessed to have a diverse family who came from such different backgrounds:
- On my father’s side, my grandpa was a construction worker. Even though he did not earn a college degree, he was one of the wisest people I ever met. He served his country, provided for his five children, and was a religious man who was beloved by everyone whose life he touched.
- On my mother’s side, my grandfather was a successful entrepreneur. I learned that success doesn’t just happen; it requires an immense amount of hard work, grit, and perseverance.
The immeasurable amount of love my parents, grandmas, aunts, uncles gave me growing up, taught me the value of family. Today, I’m lucky to share my life with my beautiful wife, Amanda, and my daughters Jovi, Liviana, and Giselle. Because of them, I strive every day to be the best man I can be.
Professionally, my passion is based on the belief that there is a personal story behind every client I work with. We’ve all made mistakes with our finances but learning from our failures serve as building blocks for success. That’s why I find financial planning so fulfilling. It’s not about numbers; it’s not about money; it’s about helping people. I love what I do!
QUALIFICATIONS / LICENSE INFORMATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Planning, summa cum laude
- CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- AIF® Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- AWMA® Accredited Wealth Management Advisor
- CRPC® Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
- CPFA, Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor
- CEPA® Certified Exit Planning Advisor
- FINRA Series 7 Registration held with LPL Financial
- FINRA Series 66 Registration held with LPL Financial and IHT Wealth Management
- FL 2-15 ~ Life, Health, Variable Annuity Insurance License