Jorge I. Blanco is a Certified Financial Planner™ in Tampa, FL
Please note, I am only accepting a small number of clients at this time.
Jorge I. Blanco is the Founder and President of Success Wealth Management, a boutique Wealth Management and Financial Planning firm in Tampa, FL.
With over 19 years of experience, Jorge began his career in the financial services industry in March 2002 at one of the top financial planning companies in the world. In the first nine years in his career, Jorge earned numerous awards, worked with a client-base of 398 families, and took on a leadership role mentoring new advisors in the industry.
While his experience working with hundreds of advisors helped Jorge become the knowledgeable and experienced advisor he is today, he found that his true passion lies in working one-on-one with his clients. He stepped down from his leadership role to devote 100% of his time working on his financial planning practice.
On December 20th, 2010, Jorge founded Success Wealth Management and joined LPL Financial, the nation’s largest Independent Broker/Dealer (as reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2020, based on total revenue). Over the following seven years, Jorge proudly ran his company with a boutique-like feel that was built 100% through referrals, where clients were treated as family. Since 2017, Jorge has served as a trusted Dave Ramsey SmartVestor Pro, and his vision for Success Wealth Management is to be the most highly sought-after financial planning firm in Tampa Bay.
A personal note — from Jorge:
I’m a proud nerd who, in my youth, was a competitive chess player. At 16, I became Venezuela’s National Chess Champion. In 1993, I competed in the World Youth Chess Championship in Bratislava, Slovakia where I earned 5.5 points out of 11 and ranked 36th in the world. Both of my parents earned doctorate degrees, so the value of education was instilled in me from an early age to the point that I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science degree in Financial Planning.
I am blessed to have a diverse family who came from such different backgrounds:
- On my father’s side, my grandpa was a construction worker. Even though he did not earn a college degree, he was one of the wisest people I ever met. He served his country, provided for his five children, and was a religious man who was beloved by everyone whose life he touched.
- On my mother’s side, my grandfather was a successful entrepreneur. I learned that success doesn’t just happen; it requires an immense amount of hard work, grit, and perseverance.
The immeasurable amount of love my parents, grandmas, aunts, uncles gave me growing up, taught me the value of family. Today, I’m lucky to share my life with my beautiful wife, Amanda, and my daughters Jovi and Liviana. Because of them, I strive every day to be the best man I can be.
Professionally, my passion is based on the belief that there is a personal story behind every client I work with. We’ve all made mistakes with our finances but learning from our failures serve as building blocks for success. That’s why I find financial planning so fulfilling. It’s not about numbers; it’s not about money; it’s about helping people. I love what I do!
QUALIFICATIONS / LICENSE INFORMATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Financial Planning, summa cum laude
- CFP® CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™
- AIF® Accredited Investment Fiduciary
- AWMA® Accredited Wealth Management Advisor
- CRPC® Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor
- CPFA, Certified Plan Fiduciary Advisor
- FINRA Series 7 Registration with LPL Financial
- FINRA Series 66 Registration with LPL Financial and IHT Wealth Management
- FL 2-15 ~ Life, Health, Variable Annuity Insurance License